SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veggirl123

Ikea Lerhyttan Cabinets Installed

4 years ago

We just finished installing new Ikea cabinets in our laundry room last weekend. The previous cabinets were fine, but we had to redo the plumbing because the water lines were freezing during our last 2 very cold winters. After doing an Ikea kitchen and loving the extra storage I get from drawers, I knew I wanted to use the cabinets in the laundry room as well.

I didn't find any reviews of the Lerhyttan fronts here other than seeing that a few people had purchased the gray version. But then they were pulled from Ikea because of problems with the finish. I hope they get those issues worked out because I think the door style is a really great option for kitchens. We used Scherr's fronts in our kitchen, but if this had been an option in white, we would have considered it. The quality of the fronts seems really solid and good. I don't think we would want black cabinets in our kitchen, but for the laundry room it is perfect. In a kitchen with more light, we would consider it though. (I did see a recent black cabinet kitchen posted that was beautiful.)

The only complaint I have is that Ikea only sells white cabinet boxes now. If you look closely you can see the white in between the tiny spaces between the fronts. I never see it when I'm in there unless I'm looking, so it is ok, but it could bother some.

We were able to use our old quartz countertop which was good because it was in great condition. The old side splash didn't fit well with the wall and the left side was not cut neatly, so we had to fill in with caulk, but it is acceptable and we were happy to save that expense.

The 4 cabinets were $1400 with delivery. More than I thought they would be, but worth it for the drawers.

* 1 wall cabinet

* 1 sink cabinet

* 15" drawers (4 drawers, including 1 inner drawer)

* 12" pullout

I am storing almost twice as much in these cabinets as I could in the old ones which were just shelves. It is hard to get good pictures in our small room, but here are 2.

Comments (13)