Netflix show: Travels with my father

socks

I cannot figure out if it's a documentary or scripted show. I'm not a big laugher and find most sit coms not very funny (except maybe Big Bang), but I have laughed at this show.

Has anyone else watched this?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Yayagal

Thank you, I love to laugh.

Save     Thanked by socks
Debby

There is no such thing as a "reality" show. They are all scripted to a point. But I do like the ad-libbing of this particular show. I don't know that it's a written script, or just "make a crack about _____" .... You know what I mean?

Save     Thanked by socks
socks

Of course, Debby. Producers of tv shows could not just let things take their course. Might be bad, might be boring. Do you laugh, Debby?

MAYBE SPOILERS HERE....

I laughed when the father saw the hostel accommodations especially. And when they were in the canoe too. The son is so accommodating, trying to make dad happy.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Every "show" is a scripted show. Events, comments, conversation, etc., decided in advance and rehearsed. Unless described as improvisation or documentary. Most and maybe all "documentaries" are scripted.

There are lots of phony "documentaries" around, trying to disguise what they really are, opinion pieces. The films of Michael Moore come to mind.

Save    
joann_fl

Thanks, I will look for it Trailer

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Take a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Netflix’s ‘Grace and Frankie’
Set decorator Beauchamp Fontaine explains the design decisions behind the home sets featured in the new Netflix series
Full Story
Homes Around the World My Houzz: A Family’s Rustic Refuge for Travelers in the Italian Alps
High up in the Dolomites, a mountain dairy farm and restaurant offer up old-fashioned hospitality, memories and tranquillity
Full Story
Most Popular The Father of the U.S. National Parks Lived Here
Adventurer John Muir helped preserve the nation’s natural wonders. His California home shows his domestic side
Full Story