SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Netflix: Cuties

User
3 years ago

I am not posting this so anyone can start an argument. This is for discussion only and this is MY take on the movie.

Last night we watched Cuties in Netflix: the movie that everyone wants banned and people are losing their poop over. My take:

The story-line is good. Young girl raised in a strict religious family wants to be like the popular girls. Those girls are bullies in my opinion. The father is a bigamist and nobody lost their poop about that. Overbearing aunt making child “grow up” and cook huge meal because she got her period at 11 and is a “woman now”??? Their clothing is revealing but no more revealing than the clothes I wore in the late 60s early 70s which my parents bought for me. Some of the dance moves they did I’ve seen little kids do on AGT. BUT a few moves were moves a child shouldn’t be doing (they still do because they see this stuff on YouTube) and the facial expressions they did while dancing those moves weren’t some I would let my daughter do even for a movie role.

Long story short, I watched the whole movie. Probably wouldn’t have if people weren’t telling me not to, or trying to get it banned so people can make their own choice. I just didn’t like the ending because it was like the writer didn’t know how to end it so it just ended.

So if you choose to watch, there are a few camera angles that in MY opinion could have been avoided and some dance moves and facial expressions that in MY opinion were like stripper moves. I read though this movie was based on the writers life?

Comments (13)