SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengal48

Netflix is beginning to bug me........

I've been doing a lot of streaming these past few week and was in the middle of Father Brown on Netflix when all of a sudden it stopped loading! And couldn't be relocated. Come to find out that it has been cancelled as a Netflix offering, together with a lot of other BBC generated content.

I also stream Acorn and Britbox and apparently they will be the streaming destination for most BBC productions now, not Netflix. But it could be awhile before Father Brown and the gang reappear.

I find Netflix difficult to navigate as well. There is a search function on the TV but not on my laptop. And no notice of departing shows or new arrivals, like Acorn and BB provide. Also no opportunity to sort by A-Z titles, which the other services offer. And frankly, there is just too much junk on Netflix that I wouldn't bother watching ever and that seems to clog up my home screen, making it even more difficult to find shows I would like and want to watch.

But I am reluctant to give it up completely at this time, as TV watching or streaming in this time of self isolation is a happily distracting pastime.

It's a bit of a conundrum :-)

Comments (14)