SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petrovchanka

Intermittent loud thuds well after my faucets are turned off

petrovchanka
4 years ago

Hello,

After I have run my water anywhere in the home (bathroom faucet, kitchen faucet, basement water when my washing machine is located) I will hear loud, intermittent thuds or bangs coming from my pipes.

I also notice the intermittent banging sound once the water starts running in my laundry, dishwasher, and when I turn on the shower.

I don’t think it is a water hammer issue as I have come to read that those normally occur as soon as a faucet is turn on and the pressure differential causes a loud bang. The bangs that I hear are, again, after I started running the water in my dishwasher, laundry and shower. I also hear it well after I turned off bathroom faucets and kitchen faucets...intermittently, well after I have run the water and turned off the faucets. I hope this is making sense. One note - I do not have a sump pump. I thought that might be important to note. I do have a built in waterproofing system around the perimeter of my basement.

Any guidance would be most appreciated so that, when I do hire a professional to assess/diagnose, I will have some inkling of an idea if the professional is on the right track and not trying to exacerbate current issues.

Thanks a million!

Comment