SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frickshop

Layout advice please

4 years ago

About to buy a 1930s semi in South London. Typical Tudorbethan looking on the inside with a round bay window. Someone in the past has knocked through between the back and front living rooms. I would prefer to join up the kitchen and back room (dinning room). Then create some sort of partition (maybe sliding doors?) to the front living room with the bay. But what to do with the "too generous" entrance hall? I should add here is another fireplace not shown on the plan on the diagonal wall where the downstairs cloakroom is. Would like a utility room somewhere. And the dark rectangle in the middle of the kitchen is a pillar...ideally would like to replace that with a steel beam or design around it (maybe put the utility room in that corner)? Any ideas? Can we create something in the middle of the house using the space under the stairs? And any thoughts on what that space was originally?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

(I should have said we are a family with two small kids and would like to stay in the house for the next 20 years)

Comments (34)