SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnatrus

Backyard/patio layout advice please

donnatrus
3 years ago

Hi all, hoping to sense check our preliminary backyard layout while we are meeting potential contractors so we can get more accurate estimates. I might need a better drawing, but thought I’d at least get some initial thoughts. Hope you all can read my chicken scratch! Each square is 2ft (not1).

Some background: My husband & I (and dog) live in a coastal town in Southern California, 10min from beach. Amazing outdoor weather! Our current backyard is pretty big for CA, half dead grass and a 1980 ugly patio & pergola. Our wish list is a new paver patio, patio cover/pergola (part solid, part open), a spool large hot tub!), fire pit, and outdoor kitchen.

Oh, and we are up in the foothills so we have a view! City lights and ocean (although far away). It’s off the side of our backyard to the left when looking at the layout, so we want the spool and fire pit to look out and have a focus that direction, if that makes sense.

Hope the layout makes sense! Any suggestions, ideas, questions are welcome. Thank you so much!!! :)

Comments (24)