SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwalden25

Bought house with open concept and need design advice.

kwalden25
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

The house we purchased is open concept. The kitchen has red walls (looks orange in photos, but is bright red), will have gray cabinets, (Planning to paint oak cabinets a light gray with Rethunk Junk Paint and possibly distress and add a dark glaze, but open to ideas ) and black countertops with stainless appliances. The kitchen faces the dining room which has gray walls and gray carpet. I have a pub height dining table in black and a black antique hutch that will be in there. I'm adding a thin rug to protect the carpet. The problem is the Living Room. It is directly beside the dining area. Basically, one of my couches will divide the two. I currently have all ivory slipcovered furntiture (2 couches, chair and ottoman) and my palette is very beachy with blue, green, mustard and turquoise. I really don't want to change it, but will it look ok? I've never had open concept and I want flow but a definite differential and I have to make decisions fast. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. The attached pictures are from the listing and none of the items are ours, except for the stools, which we purchased. I love the red in the kitchen because I currently use red accents in my kitchen. I am thinking of keeping the dining room mainly whites, grays and blacks. I would be open to ideas for LR colors if I just kept the ivory furniture and changed accessory colors.

Comments (5)