SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanedge73

Help with teen boy bedroom

oceanedge73
4 years ago

Hi! We are in the process of updating my 15 year old son's bedroom on a serious budget.

I am attaching pics of his room from when we did it years ago, and will explain the planned changes and ask my questions.

The carpet is now gray. We are going to remove the pieces surrounding the bed completely. Then, we will push the bed back, so it is closer to the wall and towards the window. I will leave a little room between the bed and the wall for a small table with a lamp.

My questions are...

1. Can you think of a way to "cover" the Yankee stuff that is customized in the beadboard along the wall with the windows? I mean something VERY simple, like a piece of fabric. I know we can replace the beadboard, but my husband doesn't want to do that yet.

2. I've attached the new bedding we ordered. I found the attached desk for sale, locally. If I painted it, do you think it would look ok? What color? I was thinking a matte gray. I have to decide by 12 pm EST Monday about the desk.

We will spend the bulk of the money on getting his closet organized, since the room is small.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner