SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_girl_at_heart

Laundry room/log home: drywall paint color,garage door paint/stain?

country_girl_at_heart
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Painting/color ideas in new log home...

Laundry....

We have cabinets being installed on Monday-and it would be helpful for me to paint our drywall prior to the install.

I have struggled for months on deciding color schemes...so thought I'd reach out for help.

Main floor plan & laundry room plan is attached-

I want to keep it natural, but know it needs some 'oomph' of color at some point too. What color for laundry drywall...a shade of white? Some sort of yellow? Aqua? I have no clue.

I'll post each room separately (kitchen, guest bath, *laundry room* so this post doesnt go too long.

Am needing to choose paint, tile floor for bathroom, tile for shower floor, walls, ceiling...but mainly paint first for this weekend--I can always change if needed and will just get something on the walls before they install the cabinets-hopefully it will be 'it' :)

help? :) Ideas? Colors? What paint would you paint the drywall? What color quartz counter would you choose? What color would you paint or stain the garage 'man' door? (its a plain old steel door).

Im super stuck in the laundry room-appreciate any advice you have to give....

thanks! :)

______

pics:

T&G natural stain ceiling (middle plank)

Cabinets: lower cabinets under window wall; upper cabinets above washer dryer, and utility cabinet by door from floor to ceiling-all rustic hickory (natural) (on the left and right in this pic)

Floor: Pergo rustic cherry(middle bottom in pic) (The middle top is the granite option for the kitchen-honed nero mist--I do love it...I could use it in the laundry-but might be too much black in the house??)

laundry room: there will be a quartz counter (color ideas? Im drawn to medium/darker gray-concrete like) with sink under window (I have to pick color for that too-blanco laundry sink).

Along right wall: white front load washer/dryer with continued quartz countertop over them, and then a utility closet to the far right between the end of that counter and the garage (man) door.

Logs will be stained a light stain (same as the T&G for ceiling pictured previously)

One day, we'll build a bench/mudroom cubbies/coat hooks along this wall...

Front loading white washer/dryer with counter overtop; utility closet at the end of the counter near the door. Ideas for drywall paint? Steel garage man door- paint vs stain? color ideas? Dark brown? We have so much brown...but I cant see anything else....help. :)

Comments (7)