SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_girl_at_heart

Paint color?drywall/backsplash tile/granite counter-log home kitchen

Painting/color ideas in new log home...

We have cabinets being installed on Monday-and it would be helpful for me to paint our drywall prior to the install.

I have struggled for months on deciding color schemes...so thought I'd reach out for help.

Main floor plan is attached-I'll admit Im so overwhelmed-we've been at this for quite awhile and are exhausted-and I should have had paint/tile figured out by now-but I dont. I want to keep it natural, but know it needs some 'oomph' of color at some point too.

I'll post each room separately (kitchen, guest bath, laundry room) so this post isnt too long-and am so grateful to any of you who might be willing to give me your ideas on any part of it (paint, tile color, etc).

First is Kitchen--the wall drywall is next to the refrigerator-theres a cabinet over the fridge so a small portion of kitchen-facing drywall will be visible on the kitchen side-but on the opposite side (the front door entry wall) the drywall will be exposed/seen-I have no idea what to paint it.

drywall-paint ideas? this side is next to the fridge/cabinet over fridge

drywall in entryway-paint ideas? Front door (currently plywood) stain ideas? (it will be wood--possibly a rustic alder)

We have a TON of wood in our home-lots of brown--logs, tongue and groove on walls/ceiling, etc. The ceiling in the kitchen is tongue & groove...The sink wall is a full log wall-stained the same light/natural color as the 8' T&G ceiling over the kitchen--thinking we'll do a 4" granite backsplash on that sink side, & on the range with chimney hood wall we're thinking tile (layered brick type tile filling in the rest of that wall...& thinking we'll seal it? see pic below).

The upper/lower cabinets along the walls are rustic hickory (natural stain), and the island is maple with a darker-brownish gray stain.

Ive think I've narrowed counters down to granite: Nero Mist (honed) (mostly black) vs Arabian Satin (leathered) (a little gray with mostly black-Im just not sold on the uneven surface as much as the honed, but that could change) and edges--might do a chiseled edge-maybe on all, or maybe just the island.

Appliances are stainless steel, except for the fridge which is LG black stainless...sink faucet and pot filler are moen stainless-ish (I cant recall the name of the finish at the moment).

So my cabinets are super light (with dark knots), the counter will be dark (black), and I have yet to pick (but will post a pic of one that interests me) the tile for the backsplash.

Floor will be Pergo Harvest Cherry.

Lights-3 mini pendents over the island, and one light over the sink-matte black and frosted glass; they'll be simple fixtures. There are also some cans in the kitchen.

Color ideas for the wall paint on drywall?? Wood front door (interior) stain?

Im thinking neutral and nothing flashy on the paint--but Im also thinking theres a lot of brown in our house. Interior Front door (currently the plywood)-darker brown stain?

Or any other ideas of how to put it all together? Or something entirely different?

Im really sort of drawn to the honed Nero mist granite but am open to other ideas.

More pics below:

ceiling: T&G (middle)-natural stain

Cabinets: Left and right-Rustic Hickory (natural stain); Floor (center top): Pergo Harvest Cherry; granite counter (center bottom): Honed nero mist

Granite option 1: honed nero mist

Granite option 2: Aribian Satin (leathered)

Island: Maple, the stain is a brown/gray (its not quite as dark in person as in this pic)

main level floor plan

kitchen floorplan

Idea for backsplash up range/hood wall

Comments (11)