SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_752728927

Bedroom Doors! Design, Colours & Material

HU-752728927
4 years ago

Desperate for some help! We have a tiny 25sqm/270 sqft apartment which we’ve almost finished renovating. Our bedroom is more of a ‘bedpod’ with 2 solid walls, and the back of the wardrobe (accessed from the entrance way) forms a 3rd wall. We then need to add doors to close off this area. I am really struggling to come up with a style/ colour/ finish to do these doors in that I love for such a small space.

Challenges:

-Anything we do needs to be able to completely close the space, as our 2yr old son will be going down for naps here.

-There is a beam on one side.

*Looking for something that looks as beautiful, as it is functional!

Dimensions: Bed is approx 200cm wide. Wardrobe is an additional 50cm width.

The sketch attached is how I imagined the doors working, with one fixed panel across the ceiling to solve the problem with the beam, and 4 opening door panels (3 bifold to the left, 1 section opening 180 degrees onto the side of the wardrobe).

Open to other ideas and would love to hear thoughts on colours and or materials to use...

The apartment follows a black, white and timber (have added photos around the apartment to give an idea on its style).

**Beyond this, we also need to design a beautiful tv wall which is in the same space as the bedroom doors - so something else to think of in regards to colours and design (the photo of the blank wall)

Please help!

-Hannah

Comments (2)