SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

My seedlings 2019 part 1

nat4b
4 years ago

I think I am going to try to post almost all of my seedlings that bloomed or still blooming this year in a couple of (lengthy) posts, if Houzz permits of course ))

I recently discovered that there's a link in my profile where I can see my posts and it was interesting because I found my previous years sdlgs posts and I don't keep very good records so it was helpful to find out how old some of them were ))

I really appreciate any comments but of course skip if you are not interested, oh also as usual would like to know what you don't like, because most of the time I Love all my seedlings lol But seriously need to cull. I have one patch where I will be clearing some that haven't bloomed for 3 years so I can plant next year.

Anyway, in no particular order

1 - from Man of Sorrows #1, tall, large bloom, a lot of my flowers are splotchy this year, it had nice blooms too, I just like that that is bigger than MOS

2 - another Man of Sorrows kid, first time blooming, I like the large watermark

3 - Tahlequa Flame kid, tall, plain but I kinda like it especially when it recurves

4 - sibs out of Blood Sweat and Tears #1 - tall, opens well, the purpliest of all

5 - BSAT sdlg #2 - like when it recurves but this year it didn't always

6 - BSAT sdlg #3 - was new last year and very interesting form, but just like this this year, it's tall too, I will keep to see what it does next year and if curled (quilted?) sepals return

7 - Eyes On The Prize x Elegant Candy - one of my favorite, best budded, long blooming, opens well, double scapes, sets pods, just would like it to be a lighter color

8 - seedlings out of Stranger in a Strange Land (SIASL further) which itself is doing horrible this year, anyway #1 - probably going to compost, it's ok-ish, bigger bloom, double scapes on almost all scapes, but just doesn't open well

9 - SIASL sdlg #2 - very similar, double scapes too, will keep this one

10 - SIASL sdlg #3 - tall, but don't like the form, will go

11 - SIASL sdlg the best of them, double scapes as well, funny but looks really similar to one I got from a different cross; not the best pic, I need to move it

Will continue in comments

Comments (13)