SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Image Heavy - My front yard garden - Part 1 - 15 pics

jel48
13 years ago

Despite the fact that we live in town, in a house with a tiny, tiny yard, I think my front garden has developed the look and feel of a real woodland garden. We have two huge OLD Maples (yes, Maples) on the front between the sidewalk and the street. The yard was pretty much plain grass when we moved in, with the exception of a handful of unidentified hostas and a few tulips and wildflowers. This is our third summer here. It's far from mature, and it's not a perfect tidy yard, but I love it. We do have a little strip on the South side of the front yard, that gets a little more sun then the rest so I've added the iris in there. They didn't bloom at all last year, but are putting on a nice display this year. They are mixed with mums for both spring and fall color.

The 'younguns'. These were purchased as first year tcs and have spent the last two winters and the summer between in this nursery bed.

Seedlings grown to a good size. I bought these from Bob Axmear on Ebay. He listed a 6 pack of streaky seedlings and his description said they might be the best thing you ever bought or the worst thing you ever bought.

Regal Splendor.

June Fever.

Don't recall. I'll go check if anyone wonders who it is :-)

To be continued.....

Comments (8)