SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valeriekosaka

New lake house needs window treatments - please help!

V K
4 years ago

Hi All!
I just moved into my dream house - little house on a little lake - and am slowly getting settled in. Now it is time for some window treatments! The main room has 7 (!) windows: one above the kitchen sink, two beside the dining table, and four in the sitting area. One of the sitting area ones is quite close to the freestanding wood stove, so long draperies are out of the question for that spot at least, just for safety reasons.
Goals for treatments are to enhance the windows themselves and provide a little more privacy and some glare protection. No one lives directly across the lake, but sometimes people kayak past close to the shore. The kitchen window looks out at a neighbor’s house.
I’d love to hear ideas for what might look good for these distinct but connected areas. I feel like they should coordinate, but do they all need to be the same? In general, I prefer simple styles and lean toward a craftsman / cottage / eclectic vibe - nothing mid century or modern. Any ideas are welcome, and thank you!

Comments (14)