What happened to celebrities who cheated their kids into college?

norar_il

I mean those who lied on applications, had others take the SATs for their kids, etc. I haven't read or seen anything about how that came out. For a while they were nearly all that was on the news but lately -- zip. Unless I just somehow missed it. Does anyone know how it all came out? The last I saw, the woman who played Aunt somebody was partying it up like it was really funny.

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bookwoman

I believe the cases are still pending. Once there are some verdicts, I'm sure it will be all over the news. The wheels of justice turn slowly....

ETA: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/this-is-the-likely-deal-lori-loughlin-turned-down-to-take-her-chances-in-court/

1 Like Save     Thanked by norar_il
maifleur01

Some of the kids have been expelled and a few people fired but I have seen nothing about the parents other than some deny they did anything wrong. Others have admitted that what they did was stupid but who did which I can not tell you.

Save     Thanked by norar_il
Uptown Gal

Probably just a little "slap on the wrist" after all the big talk...pretty much like

everything else that happens today.

1 Like Save     Thanked by norar_il
arcy_gw

What bookworm said. I have seen some vacillating of their pleas.

Save     Thanked by norar_il
norar_il

Thank you.

Save    
graywings123

Felicity Huffman pleaded guilty and her sentencing is set for September 13. Because she agreed to plead guilty, prosecutors said they would recommend four months in prison, but the judge could choose not to put her behind bars at all.

Lori Laughlin and her husband Mossino Guannulli have pleaded not guilty and their cases are working their way through court.

Google is your friend.

1 Like Save    
always1stepbehind

We're on to the next big scandal with Epstein or whatever his name is.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Have the Kids Left Home? 16 Things to Consider
‘An empty nest is not an empty heart’ and other wisdom for when the household changes
Full Story
Life Another Independence Day: When Kids Can Do Their Laundry
Set yourself free and give your child a valuable life skill at the same time
Full Story
Most Popular 21 Things Only People Living With Kids Will Understand
Strange smells, crowded beds, ruined furniture — here’s what cohabiting with little monsters really feels like
Full Story
We deliver “ceiling to floor” interior design services, and 17 years of experience has afforded our team the... Read More
Quality, affordable architectural services for residential and small commercial projects with particular interest... Read More