SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

I am turning into my BFF's mother. Shopping q.

mtnrdredux_gw
4 years ago

Growing up, my BFF's mother had OTT tastes. Think boa-feather-trimmed dressing gowns, snakeskin leather pants, lots of gold and anything leopard. My BFF was always aghast.

Alas, I fear I am turning into her.

It started with my the gold mirror over the fpl in my MBR, with is ringed with entwined serpents. It was quite a departure from my Shaker leanings but I love it and it sparks joy each day. I do own a white button down with just a hint of leopard piping, I admit. And I just bought a DVF maxi in a python print, which I love.

This item has been in my shopping cart for probably a month. I have asked my "lady's maids" (that's what my DD's call themselves when they are giving fashion/grooming help) and they give it a thumbs up. But I expect they just want to borrow it.

I used to work with someone who had a similar belt, which I always coveted. In fact I have tried to find it but cannot (I think it was a gold alligator.) Of course she was prob 30 and had a supermodel's figure, which I also coveted. But that may have something to do with my crush on this belt. Note she always wore it with a very simple outfit, as would I.

So... hopelessly goofy, or whimsically chic?

Comments (26)