My heart breaks for the family loss of toddler

glenda_al

The precious child that fell on the cruise.

SaveComment16Like1
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chi

So, so sad. I can't even imagine what that family is going through, especially the grandfather. The story keeps changing - I'll be curious to see what the truth is.

1 Like Save    
dedtired

Such a dreadful thing. Once again we are reminded never to take loved ones and friends for granted. That poor family. I’ve heard several versions of the story, all with the same sad ending. I can’t even imagine. So heartbreaking.

Save    
arcy_gw

I am disgusted by the headlines leading up to the "whole story". All the initial ones left me thinking grand pa had a sick streak and was dangling this baby over the edge just to tease her or mom. The state of journalism in America today disappoints me GREATLY.

6 Likes Save    
Debby

This is the first I've heard. Can someone post a link to the story?

Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

Grandfather didn't dangle baby from cruise ship window. This is not the 'Michael Jackson story,' says family attorney

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/09/us/cruise-ship-toddler-attorney-press-conference/index.html

Save    
socks

I was thinking about this last night. Terrible.

Save    
georgysmom2

It's just so awful, there aren't any words. When I see pictures of the little girl, my heart breaks.

1 Like Save    
sleeperblues

The fact that they are mulling about charging the grandfather is so sad. Like he doesn't have a life sentence anyway?

1 Like Save    
Mrs. S

If it's true that a window that high up was open in a children's play area, then I think the cruise line has a lot to answer for.

2 Likes Save    
Jasdip

I don't think it's the cruise liner's fault at all. If the window was open, why couldn't the grandfather feel the breeze, or smell the ocean air.

The kid apparently like to bang on the windows with her hands, which is what kids do, and there was no glass in this instance. He held the kid up so he should have realized there was no window. Either moved away from it or increased his hold on the child.

6 Likes Save    
socks

I'm sure he's harder on himself than any legal punishment could be. Probably feels like jumping himself.

Save    
joann_fl

I would not have had any child close to a window, or balcony or any place that looked like it may cause trouble. People just take too many chances.

3 Likes Save    
Ava

Losing a child is tragic. Based on what I have read, it isn't clear how this happened and more will be known once the cameras are checked. Still, it is sad.....

Save    
functionthenlook

I feel sorry for the family, but I don't blame the cruise line. Facts keep changing, but last I read was that the grandfather put the child up on the railing in front of a open window. You don't put children on top of railings. Very poor judgment of the grandfather. A few years ago a mother put her child on top of a railing at a African dogs exhibit at our local zoo . The child fell in and the dogs killed the child. I don't blame the zoo . Idiot mother.

3 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

Horrible, so horrifying, regardless of exactly how it happened or who was at fault.

1 Like Save    
DawnInCal

It's a terribly sad story. Whether he's at fault or not, I imagine the grandfather is feeling horrible guilt and sadness over the loss of his granddaughter.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Family’s New Style Rises in the Aftermath of a Flood
After their damaged walls are demolished, homeowners realize they like the open space and decide to keep it
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: ‘Everything Has a Story’ in This Dallas Family’s Home
Gifts, mementos and artful salvage make a 1960s ranch warm and personal
Full Story
Life How to Focus Your Family Room on Family
Reclaim your room from screens and headphones with these ideas for fostering family togetherness
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
ABC Glass and Mirror, Inc. is a family owned and operated business with over 40 years of owner industry... Read More