SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

Hello again to all my GW pals out there...

As promised, - a more detailed account of what has transpired here in the crazy life of jofus !

To best put things into order, I will relate in sequence.

1. I divorced wifey on 6/3/19. Always a sad ocassion but not as bad as # 1 ( for both of us ), as no children were involved. Both of us have already started moving on,.. I don't like living solo, so the hunt is on for a more suitable partner.

2. So how does that relate to gardening you ask ? It made me take a hard look at what I was facing. Wifey # 2 was an industrious, smart and hard worker,...so started to look at what lies ahead as I am staying right here. My gaze constantly came back to the 12' x 40' banana plantation, which hadn't come up with a flag leaf in 4 months. I decided to dig up the bajillion mama plants after giving away all the sprouting pups. After about 8 hours of labor, ( sometimes in 93-94 degree heat ), - and still had only made a small dent in that jungle, I hired 2 guys much younger and the job was done in about 2 sweat-filled laborious hours !!

Before :

After :

3. Then I looked at my precious four mango trees. Gotta lighten my load there as well,...somehow now I see 4 trees a bit much for one guy to maintain. Next day I promptly got out the 'ol chain saw and cut down my year old Valencia Pride as it was the only tree without fruit this, it's 1st, year. In September I will cut down the 16 ' tall Tebow mango tree after it drops it's 30 or so mangos. That will leave me with only the awesome Glenn and the young Kent, which only has 7 mango's on it, but is showing signs of vigorous new growth. Those two future giants will easily keep me busy.

After having given away around 50 Glenns, and cramming about 30 processed Glenns into my free standing freezer, this is what I have in my kitchen now, all from that incomparable producer,...and it still has a few up high that haven't fallen down into the grass yet !
These guys are huge,..around 2 lbs each !

Don't want to bore y'all, so will hang my close on this line,...even tho a lot has happened and my plantation has been harshly reduced, I will do my best to comment now and then. LOL

Comments (9)