SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drtthompson2014

How much rustic is too much rustic?

T2 Jay
4 years ago

I am building a modern farmhouse home and applying shiplap on all of the walls (minus the kitchen, which as brick backsplash). I love the idea of some wall sconces on either side of my patio doors. There are 2 sets of patio doors that face the back side of the home, which has a pretty view of some rolling hills farmland. I have been eyeing up these lantern wall sconces (originally from Pottery Barn, but now made by lots of others) to use for this space for months (see link). However, now I'm second guessing home much "rustic" I need in this house. We have original barn beams that we are mounting in the living room and from kitchen to dining space. So, my question is do I use these cool lantern wall sconces to frame my patio doors, or do I go with something more understated and simple, and not quite so "rustic". I don't want to shove the rustic down everyone's throat as they come in....

https://www.beautifulhalo.com/rustic-country-style-jar-wall-light-in-clear-glass-shade-for-outdoor-warehouse-barn-p-258357.html?currency1=USD&track=PA_G_SUS226&gclid=CjwKCAjwmNzoBRBOEiwAr2V27cO-6BUkGaC3c0SOu5ZYJckgz7EpqMlRUQAUQ-6zAiKnND-sPjW-2xoCvUgQAvD_BwE

Comments (5)