SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madplanter1

First batch of convention photos

The convention was wonderful. We had hosta growing weather; a nice steady drizzle. I did feel sorry for the tour garden owners. 5 bus loads of people plus those who drove trampling the lawns made a muddy mess. I was lucky enough (not) to be on the bus that got a mile from the hotel and stranded us for an hour.

For me, it was all about the gardens, so no leaf show shots. Most of the pictures are close-ups of individual hostas. That's because I was "shopping" with my camera and landscape shots would have been full of people. I forgot to mark which garden we visited first, second, etc. There are a few I recognize, so I'll put owner's names on those.

There were some interesting speakers. I particularly enjoyed the water features guy, who showed some affordable options as well as the ponds for lottery winners.

I found myself drawn to the old Sea series of hostas. This is Sea Frolic.

A pond at stop #1. Notice the umbrellas in the background.

Hakumuo was new to me, very pretty.

I had passed up Pinani Island Surf, but after seeing it in the garden, went back and bought one.

That happened to me a lot. Some just look better in the garden than in a pot, I guess.

This is stop #2, the garden of Audrey and Jim Temmer. They had a beautiful mass planting out front.

I'm pretty sure the front rows are Curly Fries and Halcyon, but I've forgotten the IDs of the back rows.

Pin Up - love the colors and the striking markings.

Mystic Star went on the "want" list

I was excited to see this hosta at two of the gardens. I've had it for years labeled Nakai and thought it was a bad ID. It's not in the Hosta Library, and looking for Nakai nothing turned up. Now I know its proper name is rectifolia Nakai I'll have to fix the label.

A very wet Candy Dish

I'll post more photos as I get them edited.

Comments (19)