SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eroctuse2

Convention Photos!! :)

eroctuse2
18 years ago

I know that I said I would be posting these soon.

I've wanted to go through the galleries and double check things. I wanted to write a long post of the wonderful experiences I had. I wanted to do alot of things sooner, but it hasn't worked out that way.

I finally said "I have to get those pictures up!" when I recieved a package from a wonderful woman I met at the Convention. Betty Wilkerson (words can't express how kind she was) She said she had crossed a yellow repeat bloomer I should try and sent it to me free of charge!!

I thought "If I'm already getting gifts from people at the Convention I've been home for a while" :)

So here is the link to my galleries. I decided that rather than wait until I could do this the way I want I would rather get them out to all of the patiently awaiting irisarians here. :)

So here they are. I've got them all in their own galleries. The convention photos are seperated according to the garden the photo was taken in. They are mostly "flower only" pictures, but there are a few pictures of the whole garden.

I've also got some pictures from the National Clydesdale Sale up. I've got some pictures from my own garden up too. There's alot of different pictures up there (including a few of my Mother's new rottweiler puppies).

So long story short, this is an incomplete report of the Convention, but I couldn't stand waiting to get around to it anymore.

There is one story that I have to include:

On the last night of the Convention (at the awards banquet) my sister and I were sitting at a table by ourselves when a very kind stranger asked us to sit with him and his friends. We later learned that it was (please forgive me if I get this wrong everything about the Convention was a blur) Ron Mullen (apparently a past AIS president which my sister and I didn't know)

During dinner I of course ended up saying that Barry Blyth is one of my largest role models. And wouldn't you know that Ron got up during dinner and told Barry he had someone he wanted him to meet after dinner!

So yet another long story short, I had the honor of meeting THE Barry Blyth! He even let me hold a Dyke's Medal!! Word's can't express what a thrill it all was. I held myself together long enough to tell him that everything I do in the iris hybridizing world will be influenced by his work.

I enjoyed every aspect of the Convention. I left a novice and came back a student judge with 3 hours of judge's trainging under my belt only to find that I had pods developing from some of my first crosses. What a difference a week makes :)

I have much more to say but this was supposed to be a short post. So I'll have to say that's enough for tonight.

Again, the process of sharing my photos hasn't gone the way I had hoped, but I hope you enjoy them none-the-less.

If you think that anything looks incorrect please let me know. I didn't photograph every single tag and transfer the information only to offer false information.

I don't mean to be annoying but as I usually ask, please don't use, copy, or share any of these without my permission. Thank-you.

Lastly please let me know if you appreciate them. This consumed a considerable amount of time and effort and I'd love to know that it was worthwhile. I think the final count was 594 total pictures 382 of which are from the Convention trip.

With all this build-up it feels like I'm unleashing something :)

Without further "ado"....

Here is a link that might be useful: My Picture Galleries

Comments (11)

Sponsored