Supper Time on Friday!

Marilyn_Sue

How has your day been? MIne, has been very full again. It was very nice out and I was outside most of the day. One son in law came and mowed my yard, even brought his own mower! My daughter came and did some things for me, and my son came with a nice big load of stump grindings that we plan to put on my garden for mulch. I finally came in and decided I was hungry for green beans, so had that with smoked sausage and a can of biscuits steamed on the top. I was going to have potatoes in with them, but my good sized pan was too full, so another time. I also had some of the un iced yellow cake I baked this morning with some fresh strawberries. What was your main meal today? I hope the sun has shined on you today. We have rain moving in again.

Sue and central Indiana

SaveComment18Like2
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladypat1

Slow cooker beef tips and gravy on rice. The day was beautiful. Picked cherries and gooseberries and weeded. Now I have about 3 gallons of gooseberries to stem and freeze. Only enough cherries for a pie. The birds aren't sharing with me much this year.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich and a fresh corn on the cob.

We put together some metal shelving units and organized the kitchen cabinets. Making much more storage space in the kitchen.

Save    
jewels_ks

It was nice here with a bit of wind. I went to the gym this morning and then me, two of my kids, my niece, two boys my dd babysitters all went to a nice public pool in a small town about 20 minutes from us. I just grilled turkey burgers and going to my son's coed softball games tonight.

Save    
marilyn_c

So far, my meal has been salami, cheese and crackers, and I really don't want anything else. Jody had some business to take care of moving the boat, and I have been packing all day. The last thing I want to do is cook supper.

Save    
satine_gw

I stopped for a burger on my way home from a birthday party for my three grandsons. I am tired because the party was at a park and we were outdoors in beautiful weather for hours. There were about 35 people there most of whom were kids. Wild time. The kids had snacks available to them all day and then cake at the end of the party. I was a little surprised that so many of the kids seemed to favor the cut up fruit and apples as much or more than the chips,pretzels goldfish etc.

1 Like Save    
seniorgal

Tired tonight, so leftover chicken and baked potato. Too tired (lazy) to fix salad.

Had two miniature Milky Way bars for dessert.

Glad to see you posting again, Marilyn.

Save    
nicole___

Spent the day thinning pine trees, hauling them to the street. The HOA pays to pick them up starting Monday.

I made tostados! Ground beef, diced onion, diced tomatoes fried together, smothered in green chili sauce, topped w/ a dollop of plain yogurt & shredded lettuce.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Busy day, made myself get up go to bed earlier than normal last night so I could get up early today and do some things. Beautiful day. Ran some errands including grocery shopping. Had to go to 3 different stores because Wal-Mart's cabbage was moldy. It was soaking wet, so no wonder? Picked up it and a couple other things at Sav A Lot, where the cabbage twice the size of Wal--Mart's and fresh looking, and cheaper. When I was in Lexington I picked up a poke bowl for lunch and am eating the other half right now for dinner. I shouldn't be eating it because I need to go to bed in an hour or so, working early shift tomorrow but I'm hungry and not sure it's going to be good in the morning. It's sashimi, seaweed salad, roe, green onions, avocado over sushi rice sprinkled with poke sauce (teriyaki), sesame seeds and tempura bits. Came home and put some cement around my fence post that I mentioned in my mower post was wobbly. My back is hurting from lifting the wet cement and carrying it over to the fence, even though I mixed it in 2 separate batches. I'm really out of shape. Then planted some zinnias and wave petunias I picked up at Wal-Mart, pulled a bunch of weeds out of that bed. My toes started cramping so I gave up for the day. By the time I came inside and started boiling potatoes and eggs for a small batch of potato salad, both feet and a leg were cramping and I had to go take a long, hot shower. My left foots is still trying to cramp. I did try and stay hydrated while working out there, even coming in and eating half a small watermelon and drinking lots of water. Oh, well, took some Tylenol and Flexeril so at least I should sleep good tonight.

Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

I made shrimp creole served over rice. It's a quick meal for me. I didn't have to babysit my grandson yesterday or today so yesterday I finished sanding and stained the second side of my stairway steps. I am refinishing the treads, one side at a time. Today I put 2 coats of varnish on the steps. I also did 4 loads of laundry and dried all of it outside on the clothesline.

Save    
stacey_mb

Baking all day for a bake sale. No energy to make supper but fortunately had some leftover hamburger soup in the fridge. This, together with a cream cheese sandwich with cucumbers, was a very tasty meal. I added some chili to the soup and a sprinkle of smoked paprika, a recent discovery.

Save    
abbisgram

Breakfast for supper, cream cheese stuffed French toast. My first time making it and it was delicious.

Save    
PKponder TX Z7B

Long work day for both of us so we had Chicken Express. Not a carb friendly or low cal meal but it was what hubby wanted and it was very yummy!

Save    
sjerin

Kathsgardn, when you get a cramp, either eat a little mustard right off the spoon or drink some pickle juice. The former worked very fast and very well for my mom. Easy does it, girl! That's a lot of work you did.

It's lovely to see you're doing well, Marilyn Sue. I'm glad you have family around you.

We went to The Counter and had hamburgers. They were ok, but needed a sprinkling of salt.

Save    
greenshoekitty

After doing daughters family wash( do it for her on Monday and Friday) I went to QFC to pick up the Friday and sat special 5 large cans of Bush’s baked beans for 99 cents each I also got some hotdogs ,so I could have beans and hotdogs.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Sjern, I tried everything from pickle juice to No Cramp pills (which usually work fast), nothing helped but a hot shower.

Save    
lgmd_gaz

It was leftovers from Tuesdays chicken breasts baked with black beans, corn, and salsa topped with cheddar cheese. We ate it as leftovers on Thursday too! Tostitos Scoops to scoop up the beans/corn/juices and a dollop of sour cream on the side, plus a salad. When I make this, I always make enough for at least 2 meals and sometimes 3. We love this recipe. I think it came from Glenda several years ago.

Save    
56steps

Lgmd_gaz - would you please share this recipe? I know they're are lots of different ways to make similar dishes but you seem especially fond of yours so I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks,

Debra

Save    
lgmd_gaz

56steps, the original recipe, I believe, came from our Glenda years ago.

Salsa Chicken and Black Beans

1 jar of your favorite salsa

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed

1 can or 1 1/2 cups fire roasted corn (this I added to the original recipe)

1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexi-blend cheese

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. (I use 6 and it works fine)

Place beans and corn in baking dish. Top with chicken, then pour salsa evenly over top.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top and bake another 5 minutes uncovered. Serve with sour cream and your favorite corn chips.

I used to have a source for frozen fire roasted corn with onions and peppers. When using it, (frozen) I added 5 minutes to the baking time. Can't get it anymore, have been looking for something similar. No luck, so have used just plain canned corn lately. It is ok, but not as 'colorful'.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Simple Pleasures Simple Pleasures: Share Supper in the Kitchen
Gather friends but leave the stress behind with a casual kitchen meal that still feels special
Full Story
Eclectic Homes Houzz Tour: Bootlegging Past, Quirky Supper Club Present
The only crime in this newly bustling home on a Washington, D.C., lot is the sinfully delicious cooking
Full Story
Life Time Travel to Houzzers' Childhood Homes, Part 3
See postwar homes built by family members, rural farmsteads, cold-water flats and much more
Full Story
If you are looking to build a deck, pergola or screen porch, look no further. Signature Deck & Pergola Co. has... Read More