SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_579264552

Help with insect/pest infestation indoor plants

Anna Panyutin
4 years ago

Hi there,

I've noticed that 4 of my indoor houseplants (all different plant types) are affected by this white dusty like stuff on the leaves and what looks to be "bite marks" on the edges of the leaves as if someone's been eating at them. They all live on a plant pole stand in a corner of my bedroom and none of the other plants in my room are affected.

I'm under the impression that the white stuff is a sign of powderly mildew but the bites in the leaves make me think that they also have an insect/pest infestation but I can't seem to figure out which bug could be the culprit (I've tried searching on google but just can't find anything that matches up with my plants' appearance). I've seen a good amount of what looks to be brown/black poop pellets on the surface of the leaves as well but no insects observed anywhere on the leaves (I've checked their undersides) or the stems.

So yea not really sure what to make of it all but hoping to get to bottom of it so I can make sure I treat them correctly & thoroughly for whatever insect may be infesting them along with the powderly mildew.

I've attached pictures of the plants for reference.

Any thoughts/comments/advice would be very much welcomed!

Thanks!!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living