SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_swerda

Possible to put a second sink in laminate to improve layout?

Katie
4 years ago

I'm thinking of buying a house with this kitchen and floorplan below, and then give it a secondary sink in the existing laminate until I have the money to remodel the whole thing:

Can a plumber/contractor cut into existing laminate to place a sink where I show here below? It also means cutting into ceramic tile below the cabinet for pipes. The house does have an unfinished basement for moving pipes.

But this would be only be temporary until I have the money to do a full remodel into something like this below:

I haven't posted here in several months, because I gave up on making my existing house work and started looking for a new house instead. So, I want to thank everyone who let me see the issues with my current house and that it didn't make sense anymore. I think the size of the kitchen in this house for sale, along with the position of the kitchen in relation with the rest of the house, give it potential be a multi-cook kitchen for our family of eight. If I buy this house, a few years will probably go by before I have the money to do this major remodel. Do you think this temporary fix of adding a secondary sink to the laminate is possible?

Comments (6)