SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justmakeit

second guessing a few layout decisions

11 years ago

The overall layout is pretty much definitive, so it's too late for me to reconsider excellent anti-peninsula or pro-open-floorplan proposals. It's a smallish kitchen, and we're empty-nesters (at least for now), and I'm the only cook. So here are my questions:

1. Is the prep sink (close to the upper wall on peninsula) so awkwardly placed that it won't be of much use? My reasoning for having a prep sink is that I want to prep on the peninsula, overlooking DH at the table. But I don't want to lose valuable storage real estate by putting the sink on the working end of the peninsula.

2. If I lose the prep sink, will moving dripping vegetables from the clean-up sink to the peninsula be so annoying that I end up never using the peninsula?

3. I scootched the clean-up sink way down on the window run so that I'd have a secondary spot to prep between it and the stove, looking out the window. Now I'm slightly worried that I'll feel exposed with my back lined up with the doorway to the dining room at the other end of the kitchen. Is that a ridiculous concern? If it isn't, is it worth flipping the sink and the dishwasher and reducing the space to the stove?

Thanks for all your shared kitchen wisdom!

Comments (9)