SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skibby_gw

An Accidental Shopping Spree

Last week we planned to visit the Re-Store to drop off some boxes of donations and do some browsing. Once there we realized we came away without the boxes. Nothing to do but browse away. I didn't have anything particular in mind but had some luck in the book department. None of these will be new to any of you, but all but one of them is new (never read) to me. The one I have read is Eventide (Haruf) which I just finished but wanted a copy for my own Library. The others: The Phantom Tollbooth (Juster), The Devil in the White City (Larson). The Boys in the Boat (Brown), Not All Tarts are Apple (Granger), Joy in the Morning (Smith) and Cannery Row (Steinbeck). Not a bad haul for $7.

The following day we ventured next town over to a used bookshop having a half-priced sale. Managed to find Caroline Alexander's Endurance about Shackleton's Antarctic expedition which I read over the winter but wanted to add to my own collection. Also found May Sarton's A Shower of Summer Days. I haven't read this one.

Evidently I've lost my mind because the next thing I knew I was at the Library. Here is that stash: Main Street (Sinclair Lewis), Book Crush (Nancy Pearl) - reviews of children's and young adult books, Fahrenheit 451 (Bradbury), Dear Fahrenheit 451 (Annie Spence) and The Big House: A Century in the Life of an American Summer Home (George Howe Colt). This one is what I'm reading now. The others I've never read at all. I doubt I'll get these all read anytime soon but I sure like having them around. I'm sure you understand. Has anyone else been shopping?

Comments (8)