An Accidental Shopping Spree
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
Related Discussions
Succulent shopping spree
Comments (17)Rosemary, my zone 6 is southeast Missouri, and the plants came from nurseries between where I live and St. Louis. Thank you for helping ID the plants I posted on the other threads. Four of us went on the shopping trip. My friend who drove, rigged the back of her car with milk crates and shelves, because we have gone on many trips together and we know we will need every inch!! We stopped at 4 places, the first stop was a cacti/succulent wholesale/retailer that we had heard about, but never visited. It was great, we looked through 4 greenhouses (there might have been another one we didn't visit), but 2 of them had all sorts of succulents growing in trays for wholesale. One contained more unusual and rare plants, and the last one was sort of a combination of the two. We could have spent much longer there, and are definitely going back. We spent the whole day shopping, drove about 250 miles round trip, and by the time we stopped at the fourth place, the car was very well packed! Here's one I didn't show the first time. It's called Kalanchoe 'Fantastic', growing in a gallon pot which it is about to burst out of....See Morenutty shopping spree
Comments (15)It's a shopping jungle out there (even here in the middle of nowhere), especially when you add in a lot of travel time and have a number of stops. I don't know how anyone can use shopping for "therapy" or "sport", and I've never been bored enough to think shopping will cure it. I go to Wal-Mart 7 a.m. Sunday morning (or earlier) a couple times a month - and avoid it any other time of the day, or day of the week, to avoid crowds. Groceries - Wednesday - 8 a.m. - best meat bargains and the clearance shelves are loaded. General shopping - Every other month - and when it's "shopping month", I only go out the first week and the last week of that month - and often only go out once because I'm a great list maker. I agree with Annie - with home food storage you can "shop" at home. These are some things I order in bulk and have delivered to my front step: -Charlie's Soap (laundry - 1,250 loads per bucket - lasts 2.5 - 3 years) -Grandma's Country Cream Non-fat Dry Milk Powder - 25# pail - lasts 1-year + -Morning Moo's Whey-Based Milk Substitute - 37# pail (I order it from Sam's Club to save on shipping) - 1-yr. + -Honeyville Grain ($4.49 shipping for entire order and I order about twice a year during a 20% sale) - freeze-dried fruit/vegetables/meats, almond and coconut flour (although I'm making more of both at home with almonds and unsweetened coconut purchased in bulk), hi-maize resistant starch.... -I order many of our staple food items on-line: coconut palm sugar, coconut oil, etc. -Grainlady...See MoreDid you see the Houzz Sweepstakes for a $10k Shopping Spree?
Comments (3)This one is just for U.S. residents, but we plan to do more of these when we are able. Currently, the products on Houzz primarily only ship to U.S. with a small percentage available to Canada, so for this particular one, it made sense to limit eligibility based on that....See MoreTree2MyDoor competition to win a shopping spree
Comments (0)Tree2MyDoor are running a competition where the prize is £250 to spend on their website. If I win I will definitely be getting myself some beautiful Olive trees and maybe some little succulents for the niece in Uni :P Just enter your name and email to enter here: https://www.tree2mydoor.com/offers/competitions/great-gardening-giveaway...See More
Related Stories

FURNITURE10 Secrets of Successful Secondhand Furniture Shopping
Design professionals offer tips on how, where and what to buy
Full Story
MOST POPULARBudget Decorator: Shop Your Home for a New Look
Redecorate without spending a cent by casting a creative eye on the showroom called home
Full Story
UNIVERSAL DESIGNWhat to Look for in a House if You Plan to Age in Place
Look for details like these when designing or shopping for your forever home
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESConsidering a Fixer-Upper? 15 Questions to Ask First
Learn about the hidden costs and treasures of older homes to avoid budget surprises and accidentally tossing valuable features
Full Story
MORE ROOMS8 Ideas for a Fresh Start in the Living Room
See how even small changes in a room can make a big difference
Full Story
VALENTINE’S DAYThe Real Importance of Valentine’s Day
Even small traditions celebrating love can carry through an entire life
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZInside Houzz: Explore Sketch, a New Way to Bring Design Ideas to Life
Update your Houzz app to get Sketch for iOS and Android
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHome Accessorizing Made Simple
Get the principles of displaying accessories down pat to give your home some soul
Full Story
KITCHEN COUNTERTOPSQuartz vs. Granite: The Battle of the Countertops
Read about the pros and cons — and see great examples — of these popular kitchen countertop materials
Full Story
yoyobon_gw