SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

I've narrowed it down to two backsplash options (I think)

arlosmom
4 years ago

I'd love all of your opinions on two options for backsplash tiles for my kitchen. I have vertical grain douglas fir cabinets which are lovely, but they read somewhat orange. I recently added carrara marble counters which are warm for carrara, but read cool against the cabinets. I have been looking at LOTS of options for a backsplash and I have found two that I like a lot and think could work. Obviously, both of these are ungrouted so they'd look a little different once installed.

First up is a marble mini mosaic. I've always loved white and wood in combination and I love the lightness of this tile. The grays in the mosaic are a very good match for the grays in the counters; the tile also has some warmer tones that help tie in with the cabinets. I'm not sure if this will read busy against the counters.

This is the grouted sample against the counters:

The other tile option I like is a green/gray glass mosaic that has both matte and shiny tiles. I think that this tile compliments both the counters and the cabinets pretty well. I'm afraid that it looks a little dreary in low light, but in other light I absolutely love it.

Do you have a preference for either? Does either work? Both the spouse and I have been going back and forth, sometimes preferring one and sometimes the other. Here is a good photo of the counters to give a clear idea of the color:

Comments (28)