SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21884067

'Mme. Lauriol de Barny'.. a profile

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Trouillard, 1868 France.. a Bourbon..

I've been growing this rose in 3 gardens since 1990... it's one of those once bloomers that you feel you could never be without... I've had it on an arch, against an obelisk, and now on trellis... it's capable of rambling or becoming quite a large shrub in quick time.. but I enjoy pruning it and keeping it under control...

This rose has a clock in its head because without fail, it will always open its first flower on May 15... not a day before, or after...

Sometimes we have a tiff and fall out... she tells me to get stuffed and bounces back again.. her best moments are the first 3 weeks... from mid June she will blackspot and later flowers can ball a bit... on a big shrub she will flower right up to June 30th.. 6 weeks of blooms.. but I've never got one later than that date..

The scent, on a warm day, is that delicious sweet old rose perfume with a hint of apple.. on a cool day, not so much...

Melissa in Italy... if you are looking in, you might like to compare with your 'Duc de Fitzjames' and see what you think... apparently that rose can turn out to be this one..

I hope you like her too...

Comments (16)