SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Is It Me or Is This A Poorly Designed $5.8 Million House

Helen
4 years ago

At this point, I will sometimes stop my DVR to critique kitchens I see on television and real estate listings are absolute fair game. Most of the time, the kitchens might not be my taste but they aren't completely off the mark.

This home was just redone by an architect/designer and based on the neighborhood in Los Angeles was probably an older home - hard to tell from the exterior what era but I assume this was a flip with a completely gutted interior.

I find the design choices dysfunctional - what say the Houzz community?

Gorgeous stove but how can one cook without any kind of landing strip/counters on the side to place things. You would be forced to use a portion of the burners to hold items.

Stove is at the end of the island.

Same goes for the refrigerator - it would drive me insane to not have any counter or other landing area if I was taking out or putting in things in the refrigerator.

Whether one has a housekeeper seems irrelevant because at some point realistically everyone takes something out of the refrigerator :-).

Why would one deliberately put in steps for the tub. I realize they want to theoretically have a view from the tub while soaking but all I can see is someone going splat on those large shiny tiles if they actually step out of the tub.

Same dysfunctional bath tub in reverse - again I realize this was done because of the windows

Comments (59)