SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
langlady

Will my kitchen be too dark if I paint it SW Gauntlet Gray?

Brandi Holleman
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are in the process of building our forever home. The kitchen will be an L shape over to the back left in the first picture. The plumbing in the floor is where the island will be. We have chosen black stainless steel appliances. I am obsessed with SW Gauntlet Gray and would love to paint all of the cabinets that color. My question is, do you think my space has enough natural light to paint the cabinets that dark? I am not really a white kitchen kinda girl and I think it would look choppy with the black stainless appliances anyway.

Wood look tile in the kitchen. (Not sure why this photo flipped after I uploaded it)

A better look at the kitchen (before the floors were installed and on a much sunnier day). The nook on the far left will be the wall oven microwave combo with a cabinet style entry into the pantry to its right. I hope this is all making sense, ha!

This is a sample of the quartz counter tops we chose along with a possible white glass back splash. I was hoping the counter top and back splash would brighten up the space enough. What ye say wise Houzzers?

Comments (27)