SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rlmeckley

Paint Help - SW Agreeable Gray vs SW Anew Gray

Rachel Meckley
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

In the process of building new construction and need to decide on a paint and I think I have it narrowed down to Agreeable Gray or Anew Gray, both by Sherwin Williams. It’s an open ranch layout with 10ft ceilings, lots of natural light to the west in the living/dining/kitchen area. Floors are a medium hardwood, cabinets are Java, granite white marble counter tops, white trim, black windows. We have a brown leather sectional too coming with us. I’m leaning Agreeable but living/dining/kitchen will have a lot of natural light from the west and I’m afraid Agreeable will be too light? My husband is leaning Anew, but I’m afraid it will pull too much warmth and be too taupe (I’d love it to stick more gray) and be too dark. But, Anew looked great in Store next to everything and lighting. Photo is of flooring behind colors (Agreeable left, Anew Right), cabinet color below, and with SW Pure White between to give idea for trim. This was also taken indoors at night! Thanks so much for any feedback!

Comments (52)