SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waltonglade

SW Repose grey- too dark and gloomy for a small room?

waltonglade
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I recognize that this is an impossible question to answer but thoughts would be helpful. I have a small guest bedroom for which the bedlinen looks to be a great match for Repose Grey (SW helped me select the color - the bedding is mainly a cream color, but with grey'ish bronze and teal accents- sounds weird but to me it actually looks nice https://www.target.com/p/gray-teal-marissa-geometric-multiple-piece-comforter-set-8-pc/-/A-52036008#lnk=sametab&preselect=52029966). The room is about 11ft square and doesn't get much natural light. The walls are currently a very cold pale blue (previous owner) and uninviting. A test of Repose Grey on the walls does tie in well but I'm concerned about it looking too dull and gloomy (and small) once the whole room is done. On the other hand, the color of the bedlinen makes it hard to find a lighter color that wouldn't result in having too many shades of cream. The room definitely needs something with some color depth so as not to be overly bland, but I don't want to go with teal for walls as that would be too much and too cool (teal will come in through accessories). I also tried City Loft, which looked great on the chip, but too yellow on the walls. I bought a color fan and this took me back to choosing Repose Grey again. My question- in general terms is Repose Grey a reasonable option to consider for small rooms with limited natural light, or does your experience suggest otherwise? What if I have it made up at 50%?I'd like to stick with SW. Thanks in advance

Comments (10)