SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pngntx

Tentative floor plan critique

pngntx
5 years ago

I'm in the beginning stages of building our next (and last!) home. I will be meeting with the architect that drew this floor plan I have modified pretty heavily soon to work on what's best for us.

Before I meet with them, I'd love to get any input from you guys so I don't make some silly mistakes. I haven't worked on specifics for the kitchen layout. Once I know placement and dimensions I'll be back here working on that. :)

Our lot is 366’ wide and a little over 6 acres. I'd love to have the house as wide as possible to take advantage of the width of the lot.

• We want to build with ‘aging in place’ in mind. Looking at wide hallways, one floor, etc.
  • A master with the laundry room (or at least a separate washer and dryer) close to the master closet.
  • We have 4 large dogs so we would like a mud room that leads directly outside to back or in the garage. That mudroom would have a dog bathing area in it as well.
  • We need two other dedicated bedrooms with their own toilets and sinks – they can share a shower/bath combo or they could have their own.
  • We need an office/study.
  • We need a gym space. This space does not need a closet or a bath.
  • We have a large backyard area and I would love a kitchen sink that overlooks it. I’d like a kitchen space in the back that you don’t see directly upon walking into the house. (Perhaps by adding pantry cabinets to divide the space?) We will have our informal eating on the island and need only one dedicated dining room or nook.
  • We need a large recreation area. We have a full sized billiard table. We would like to combine that with a poker table and a ‘theater’ type space – more just for the guys to watch the game or play video games.
  • We love the idea of a full front porch and a nice big back patio area.
  • We are open to attached or detached garage – 3 or 4 car

Comments (20)