SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_293787346

Can you critique my Floor Plan?

Sally S.
7 months ago
last modified: 7 months ago

I've dreamed for years about designing a tiny home ~~ my way!! A dear friend does drafts work so I'm basically telling her what I want in the home.

She won't create formal elevations or send anything to her engineer quite yet until I'm set on my floor plan. A girlfriend encouraged me to put up a rough floor plan here, first. So here it is. Plus some basic elevations I tried drawing on iPad app.

Can you critique this floor plan /space planning?

I'd appreciate your opinions and ideas ~~good or bad!

DETAILS:

Just myself and husband.

No kids.

No pets.

Seldomly have company over.

2b, 2b ~1700 sf Bungalow.
Located in Florida (very hot and humid). Will sit on a lake with a FANTASTIC lake view. Surrounded by nature and wildlife.

BIG WINDOWS.
9' flat ceilings except for living room.
"Japandi" aesthetic. Earthy feel yet minimal.

I want bathroom showers + kitchen to have huge windows overlooking the Lake view.

Something to note: my biggest passion in life is making healthy soups.!~ Tried to give myself lots of prep space for that. 102"x48" island :) Wall w/ ovens & Combi-steam for oil-free cooking. We never deep fry or smoke our foods. We currently have an induction cooktop with a downdraft at our window and it's perfect for our cooking style. Would like to repeat the same for the new house, especially with our wonderful Lake view.

1 square = 1'

We plan to typically enter the house through the side entrance where the car is parked. Covered proch will be here, 9'x16', shown on elevation below. The laundry space is extra wide so it can double as an entrance room, not just a utility room. Long counter and serve multi purpose as console for dropping groceries, bags, keys, boxes, while still being a great prep space for laundry.

A wall of storage for washer/dryer, as well as built-in closets for vacuum, broom, mop, coats, shoes, umbrella, etc.

Comments (82)