SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vandymom09

Help with choosing 3 large vanity mirrors in master

vandymom09
5 years ago

In the midst of a master bath refresh, I need advice on mirror choices. I have sinks on either side of the walk-in closet. My sink is to the right, with cabinetry forming an L for my sit-down makeup vanity. So I need three mirrors and am interested in using an LED (backlit? front/ side-lit???) for the makeup vanity. I'm limited to maximum 24-inch width, but have 10-foot ceilings. I'm using three-light bath bars above the two sink mirrors. Other factors: transitional style; rectangular undermount sinks; rectangular soaking tub; dark gray 12-inch granite floor tiles; white/gray veining quartz counters; Sherwin-Williams alabaster paint for cabinets/walls/ceiling/trim. Questions:

1. Do I really want an LED mirror at all?

2. What do you think about mixing shapes/ sizes, eg. tall skinny rectangular mirrors over sinks and a round LED over vanity? Or should I just get three matching mirrors, with three light bars, and a lighted magnifying stand mirror for makeup?

What size mirrors over a 34-inch counter with 4-inch backsplash? How much space to leave above backsplash and below lowest point of light bar?

3. Who manufactures the better LED mirrors out there? What features are essential?

Lots of questions! I truly appreciate any help! Thank you from Atlanta.

Comments (3)