SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

Please help choose glass pattern for large sliding closet doors

kaysd
10 years ago

We have an 18' long by 8' high reach-in closet along one wall of our bedroom. We want to use floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall sliding doors to allow full access to the top of the closet. (There used to be 3 closets that were 5'9", with 80" high mirrored doors (cheap builder grade). We tore out the soffit and dividers.)

The house is a 1960 Southern California ranch, with a mix of MCM and more recent modern and contemporary elements. The Sliding Door Co. is having a 20% off sale right now, so we plan to use sliding glass doors.

We can use four 54.5" wide doors on a double track or six 36.5" wide doors on either double or triple track. We need to include some mirror in the design, as there is not another good place to put a dressing mirror in the bedroom. I would like to do a mix of mirror and frosted glass. (SDC has opaque white glass too, but it seems too stark white next to our off white wall paint.) If there is too much clothing show through with the frosted glass, I can add a Solyx film behind it - silver to look like frosted mirror or more white (or gray) frost for a thicker layer. I can use either silver or charcoal metal for the frames/dividers.

I have played with a lot of design ideas, but the 4 posted below are the best I�ve come up with. Please tell me whish design you prefer and why. Let me know if you think of another design that might work better.

I cannot access Photobucket from work, so I will have to upload each picture into a separate post; sorry for that. This is our bedroom plan, so you can see how the doors fit into the total scheme.

Here is a link that might be useful: SDC glass and metal frame options

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County