Jeopardy last night ?...........
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (35)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
OK...ODD travel question for us all?!
Comments (31)I was working in banking managing the community reinvestment act compliance for one bank in alaska and teaching it to others nationally stinky. (I always giggle when I type your name lol it seems funny to call someone stinky heh heh). Anyhow, the bank I worked for was very highly rated on all fronts (safety, profitably etc) but the couldn't get their CRA rating above satisfactory so when they hired me they said do anything to get an outstanding and you will be well rewarded :). I like rewards so I looked fir the areas most in need of lending and access to money and found them in very rural native villages. The village I did my first housing program had not seen a new home built in 30 years and those were badly built by HUD so they were falling apart. People couldn't afford homes as cost (no profit at all) for a 1000 sq ft home runs around half a million each due to transport costs of materials. So I got uber creative and figured out a way to build homes in these villages which could be sold with Indian house grants assisting to villagers for mortgages with less than a five hundred dollar monthly payment. Their mortgages were conventional (20 or 30 years) with no crazy predatory terms involved. We did several of the programs and started the process in several other villages while I was in the position as well as other things to provide cash to the villages...like taking cash machines our in dogsleds. And the deals were profitable so it was a win win for everyone :). Because these were "first in the nation" type programs the bank got it's outstanding rating and I was well rewarded....but not as much in cash as I was rewarded by the experiences I had while making it all happen! Watching a five year old girls first dance for the village is a reward you can't measure in dollars, nor is the feeling you get when you take a family out of an over crowded home and give them the keys to their new home. I slept on the floor in school gyms, trailers full of dirty construction workers, a chairs floor lol and loved every second of the experience. It was the most rewarding job I'd ever had in my life! What you learn about the first people's culture...it's amazing! Gad I should shut up lol. I miss that job....can you tell? In the world of banking and poverty there is so much great work just begging to be done well...the opportunities to do the right thing profitably are all over the place so it's easy to be a star in the world...which is fun! But the feeling you get doing it is priceless!...See MoreQuilted Northern April Fool's Day commercial
Comments (12)Anyone remember back when the real Quilted Northern commercial, animated, had the people quilting on a frame with knitting needles?! That was hysterical! They did fix it eventually...which was a bit of a shame just because the first version was so absurd and amateurish (like even if they're just drawing it, you'd think they'd look at pictures of the real thing first...). Agreed that the Rustic Weave was very funny. I especially liked the super special Extra Virgin birch. :)...See MoreIf you watched Jeopardy last night . . .
Comments (35)I'm sure you're right, Walnut, but we're all entitled to our individual preferences. Her demeanor at the very end of the show did not draw me in, but today I watched Alex's interview with her (referenced by Rob above), and I found that a lot more appealing. I can't find a free source for watching Jeopardy episodes online. Anybody know of one?...See MoreIf you watch Jeopardy . . .
Comments (55)I think I would do badly as a contestant, because I would probably be incompetent getting my buzzer to ring in fast enough, lol! Typically I do well with categories about Literature, Medicine, Geography, Movies/t.v. shows, and North American and European History (not knowledgeable enough about history of most other Continents.) Music and sports depend greatly on the era, regarding my knowledge level. I do okay at the 'Before and After' categories, but I'm downright horrible at categories connected to Mythology, Opera, Religion, Art History and Science Fiction. But oddly enough, even if I do pretty badly during the general game, I seem to have a weird knack of getting the Final Jeopardy response correct, which accomplishes nothing, if one doesn't accumulate enough money beforehand, to win the game!...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

BEDROOMSThe Right Mattress: The Secret to a Great Night’s Sleep
We spend a third of our lives asleep, so investing in a quality mattress is essential. Check out this expert advice to help you choose yours
Full Story
BEDROOMSPaint Your Bed for a Colorful Night’s Sleep
Take your bedroom somewhere over the rainbow with a bed done up in a shade beyond the pale
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACES9 Pro Tips to Create a Long-Lasting Kids’ Room
Hear what professional designers have to say about turning your nursery into a kids’ room that will last through the preteen years
Full Story
PETS50 Cats Soak Up the Last Days of Summer
As the days get shorter, felines find the best ways — and places — to lounge in the sun
Full Story
MOST POPULARSimple Pleasures: Savor Summer’s Last Hurrah
Choose from 3 easy celebrations to close summer out in a soul-satisfying way
Full Story
FUN HOUZZUpload of the Day: Last One Down the Indoor Slide Is a Rotten Egg!
Carpet cushions the ride for safety, but this slide in an Edmonton home still makes hearts race
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESArchitecture at Night: Lanterns in the Landscape
As days grow shorter we can see modern home design in a whole new light
Full Story
BEDROOMSRoom of the Day: A Cocoon for Late-Night Crashing
Moodily masculine and warmly enveloping, this loft bedroom welcomes the owner after his long hours in the music studio
Full Story
LIFE10 Things Night Owls Know to Be True
Love being up while the world slumbers? Prefer a really late bedtime to an early night? These observations on night owl life may ring true
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNAll-White Gardens Light Up the Night
Lustrous blooms in white, cream and the palest ivory enchant in the landscape at night — and can be practical too
Full Story
patriciae_gw