SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nontoxspot

Layout for small basement kitchen

nontoxspot
5 years ago

I have an 8'10" length of wall for a one-wall very small kitchen in the basement. The basement will mainly be used for teen hangout, has a guest room/full bath, workout room, living space, craft space. I want to provide a space where in-laws can cook, if needed, about 4x/year. In the future, it may be used full-time, but currently no plans for that. We have studs, plumbing, electrical in. The run is laid out like this: Open end, stove/cook top/MW, refrigerator, wall end.

What do you to finish off the end if you have a stove at the end? Just end with the stove? Partial height wall to the left of the stove? Does it make more sense to have the ref at the open end on the left and the stove at the far right where there is an end wall?

I need to decide on appliances. Any opinions about combinations for cooking and refrigeration that would work in such a tight space that isn't used too often? Better to get cooktop and convection MW? Stove and MW? Full size refrigerator or under-counter? I don't want to spend a lot of money on apartment-sized appliances, but does under counter refrigerator refrigerator make sense/useful?

Thank you!

Comments (6)