SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cluelessincolorado

Calling small kitchen owners/small space layout problem solvers!

cluelessincolorado
13 years ago

Hi! I am trying this again with more particulars. I have a small space and the perimeters are what you get, no door or wall moving possible. My main question is where to put the dishwasher. If I put it on the far left wall, when open, it is tucked in under the half wall adjacent to the DR and away from the rest of the workspace in the kitchen and affords me a 36" drawer stack between the range and sink. The 27" counter space I'll have to the left of the sink seems too big/too small for good use though, besides letting dishes dry. The other possibility is to put a 15" or 18" cabinet to the far left which would leave less "wasted" counterspace in that corner, but would then put the DW between the sink and range - a trip hazard??? Lastly, I think that 12" between the range and the wall would be enough elbow room. Yes? No? Would I be able to go down to 9"? Any photos of a range near a wall and do you hate it? I do own spastic elbows...I know something has to give here, but I would REALLY like to have at least a 39" countertop to work on. I'll have a 30" chunk over the drawer stack that juts out into the mudroom near the range and a shallow 39" space across the room. Last - I love natural light and I was wondering if I should put in another window instead of the open cabinet I have planned currently. Teapots and some cookbooks would live there. Thanks for any help! Also, I could not import a pdf into iphoto tonight, so the floor plan doesn't reflect true cab layout but does have correct room dimentions. Sorry!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES