SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuxnado

Help with kitchen update!

Nicole R
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Recently purchased a Mediterranean style home that is very beige, very warm throughout. We'll be painting the trim white in every room. Need help deciding what to do with the kitchen! Would like to modernize it a bit and make it look brighter and cleaner.

Cabinets/range hood/fridge - very heavy appearing. I thought of painting them all a lighter stone color, but I'm not sure the fridge would do well with paint, it has these circular metal stud things all over it.

Floor - have to leave it for now

Countertops - Would like to replace them - possibly with something that has a little gray or maybe just a lighter neutral.

Backsplash - currently a textured, beige, stone finish. Thinking about replacing with tile that blends gray-greige-neutral tones and has a glossier finish. Preferably not the widely-used subway tile (which I like, but it wouldn't fit with the overall style of the house). Perhaps I can find something that looks a little Mediterranean but more modern.

Island - currently painted a dark brown with a distressed finish. I'm not a fan of the color.

Lighting fixture - will replace

Thankful for any suggestions you have!

Comments (23)