Spring has Sprung!

jemdandy

Yesterday, The weather gave us another 2 to 3 inches of snow and a cold night. Today, the temperature climbed to 50 F and all the snow is gone. I saw a chipmunk in my backyard. Spring has sprung - again. Siberian squall has bloomed. Yesterday, those were sticking their deep blue blossoms up through the snow - now I know why those are called Siberian.

SaveComment9Like1
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Anglophilia

It's gorgeous here! A cold front did come through last night, but tomorrow it will again be in the high 70's.

It's all coming at the same time this year, due to being unseasonably warm. The lilacs, redbud AND the dogwood are all blooming and the azaleas are ready to pop. Lily of the Valley pips are up and beginning to open.

It's glorious but I prefer a longer, slower coming of blossoms. It will be summer by Derby time, not spring, and that's a bit too early for me.

I especially love the native redbud that grows in among the "junk" shrubs and trees along roads. SO pretty to see that lovely burst of color.

The trees are leafing out quite quickly as well. It will be a very pretty Easter Sunday this year.

1 Like Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

We were the opposite -- pushing 75 yesterday afternoon, this morning after the storms and winds went through, down into the 30's. But it turned out to be a pretty afternoon! I had to mow for the first time for the year.

Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

The poor daffodils, though, are literally bowing their heads, still, even though yesterday's inches of snow are mostly gone. I'm still waiting for that hint of green on the trees and bushes!

Save    
DawnInCal

It poured here today, but the forecast says the next 10 days are going to be sunny and warm. Can't wait - we need to dry out a bit!

Just think, in a few months we will be complaining about the heat...

1 Like Save    
skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

I won't be! Winter has been hanging here for six months. This morning I woke up to snow on the ground. Again. Give me some green!

Save    
adellabedella_usa

Spring here going into summer. All the usual critters making appearances.

2 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

adella, he looks like he's full.

1 Like Save    
chisue

Radio weatherman this morning promised that the last of the 'snow puddles' would melt here by noon. It was wet, heavy snow. I see it's broken off a big part of one of our arbor vitae. Tying this up may help as it has done with others; we have about a hundred along our lot lines.

Save    
DawnInCal

That snake does look like it recently swallowed something; it has a bump in the middle.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Tastemakers Highlights From This Spring’s Design Happenings
Get a look at the top showcase houses, design festivals and garden shows around the world from now through June
Full Story
Green Color of the Week: Spring Green
Spring has finally sprung for many of you — and here's how to bring some of that green inside
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More