SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Spring has sprung, how is it going at your house?

prairiemoon2 z6b MA
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Here the robins still haven't eaten all the Aronia berries off the shrub. I saw a new chipmunk or mole hole freshly dug yesterday. Rabbit pellets all over the yard. Bulbs coming up look less enthusiastic than past years so far. Crocus just opened in a couple of places 2 days ago. I think that's about the usual for under my front Maple in among vinca. In my front full sun bed, the crocus foliage is barely showing and it's the same varieties as under the Maple that seeded from across the driveway. I do see hyacinths just sticking their heads up out of the soil in that bed and that's out of sequence, crocus usually come first. Only one daffodil is opened by the back spigot facing West.

Everything is very dry for March. I'm considering watering today. And I never water in March. And I thought we had more snow this past winter than last winter, so I am surprised. We just put the birdbaths out and refilled them. Hoses haven't gone out yet. Rain barrels are next.

We raked the lawn of all the debris from all the wind we've been having. Neighbor's Spruce Trees, the tips of the branches seem to break off and cover the area. Lots of branches big and small. Started bundling them up to put them out but the town won't be picking up yard waste for awhile.

Have seedlings I'm trying to harden off, but while it's sunny and supposed to hit 70 today, it's 32F on the back porch right now. I have germination in three milk jugs that we winter sowed - Lettuce, Bok Choy, and Poppies - not surprising. I've started pruning a few things, but I have a lot more to do.

I'm sure I'm way behind what everyone else here's been able to do the past three days...lol.

Comments (13)