SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justcallmepool

Just tell me what Washing Machine to buy

justcallmepool
5 years ago

Ugh, I need a new washing machine. I was using a Whirlpool Cabrio for the past 8-9 years and it was pretty bad. It got better once I set every load on heavily soiled, but still I want something better this time.

I've always had top loaders. Part of me want to try a front loader but the ones we've considered are a lot deeper than we currently have and I'm not sure I want to sacrifice any more space in my laundry room.

I read about the commercial Maytag (550 or 575 I don't remember) that has been recommended on here. I worry if it's almost too basic, plus it's a little small capacity. And maybe it's irrelevant, but it doesn't have a buzzer and I think that helps me stay on task. I do all my laundry on one day.

There's this other Maytag MVWB765FW top-load Maytag Top loader w/Agitator

I like that it has deep fill options and a time display

I've also read about the GE GTW460ASJWW GE Top Loader w/Agitator

I like that it has an auto soak.

Right now it's probably between these 3. Any advice on which one or a couple others I should consider? Anyone have one of these and have reviews to share?

My husband is usually a very diligent researcher but even he is ready to just pick one. I keep telling myself it can't get any worse than what I had.

Comments (28)