SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fahrenheit_451_gw

Buying Washing Machines

16 years ago

In our quest to purchase a new washer and dryer one of the most informative sites that my wife and I came upon is a United Kingdom website regarding appliances:

Buying Washing Machines

It is excellent with a wealth of information that is worth taking the time to read. Neither of us have any affiliation with the site.

Regarding HE washing machines being yet unproven this is simply not true as they have been in operation for decades, but we as Americans are new to them and need to rethink how washing is accomplished using a HE machine. I can attest to this as I purchased an ASKO dishwasher over a decade ago and when I first started using it, I hated it, and bushed-up on my profanity quite a bit. However, I had no clue on how to use it, and was using it all wrong as I was used to operating dishwashers that America made and sold. Once properly indoctrinated, I have received consistently excellent results, and have never looked back; the same holds true to HE washing machines.

Another aspect that seems to be forgotten is that you must have a knowledge on how to properly wash garments. I was fortunate that my motherÃs hobby was sewing as she always had a Pfaff machine or two as I was growing up and taught me well how to wash, dry, and understand fabrics. My motherÃs teachings have proven invaluable and I wager that I could take any washing machine, any brand, and model, and achieve good results no matter what the conditions. I see so little of this knowledge passed on or practiced today even with my son, whom I did teach, but who would rather stuff everything into one monumental load, and his girlfriend who knows nothing about washing garments. Too bad, as I read a lot of complaints stemming from the lack of actually knowing how to properly wash garments.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH