SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_360208067

How to screen this house/roof from my view ?

Camille H
5 years ago

I have a house in Spain with a lovely view. However, my problem is that I have the neighbors house right in front, it takes away the attention from the nice view and looks like a block.

I would like to create a natural screen to remove the house from my view. Something that can be controlled (height). I thought about cypress hedge but what I don't like about the hedges is the square feeling. We have a Yucca in the corner of the plot that does a great job covering another house. I also thought about a hedge made with a mix of cypress and bougainvillea to make it pretty (I remember seeing hedges mixing with bougainvillea in Africa and it was gorgeous). Not sure about here though because I think the height needs to be around 3 meters so it might just look like a green block.

This house is located in Costa Blanca. Overall temperature rarely goes under 10° celsius (50°F) but it can go below between December and March. I guess the climate is comparable to LA (maybe a bit chiller). And occasionally there is snow (not every year).

I would love to hear ideas and suggestions!

Thank you

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus