SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
braehampton

NEED Functional MUDROOM!

Becky Hampton
5 years ago

In need of a functional mudroom! Our mudroom is a very nice size.. about 11 x 9. There are 2 doorways and 2 windows (38" up from the floor). We are a family of 5. We live in Wisconsin so we need adequate space allotted for winter coats, muddy boots, hats, gloves, backpacks etc. Our kids are 5, 8 and 15. We are living with a make shift mudroom currently but are in desperate need of something very functional (shoes are currently scattered and coats laying over chairs, etc and it's driving my nuts ;-) I would like to utilize all of the space, while keeping the cost down and keeping it more open feeling, so I would like to stay away from using full cabinets. We need a place to sit, so a long bench probably with space below for shoes while incorporating a place for 2 recycling bins of whatever size we end up with. I was thinking of doing (white) shiplap on the long window wall and will probably end up doing a lighter to medium wood for the woodwork. (I am not as concerned about the finishes as I will choose those later...I am just trying to get a good layout down! I do have a command center in my kitchen currently, so there is no real need for one out here, but would be open to a small space to set and grab last minute things.

Requirements:

**Places for (5) peoples coats, snow pants, hats, gloves, backpacks, my purse ;-), etc (the normal daily stuff)

**Recycling center (2 bins...they can be any size..we will find a bin of some sort to fit the space we need)

**Keep cost down (not a lot of full cabinets) while making the best use of the space.

Thank you!!

Comments (4)