SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueguy19

Confused about cabinets choices

blueguy19
5 years ago
Hi, I’m a newbie and learning about kitchen cabinets since I have an empty wall where I’m planning to place two wall cabinets and two base cabinets with granite countertop. I’ve attached picture of the design I created online on Lowes.com.

Ideally I want to match them to cabinets I already have which are approx. 12 years old. But the cabinet company Shiloh has discounted the stain and finish I have although they still have the same exact door style.

Since this is a separate wall and is going to be on its own I’m okay with ordering the same door style and closely matching stain and glaze. However the quotes I’m getting are making me feel dizzy. I can’t afford to order from the same company. Also they offer color matching but it’s going to be above $700 extra for that, I feel it’s not worth it given that I’m only adding a small section of the kitchen.

The cabinets I have are from Shiloh, door style is Savannah and stain is Maple Hazelnut with Mocha Glaze.

So I ventured on a search to find another cabinet maker with same door style and closely matching color/stain. I found few companies carrying the same door style but ordered chip samples for some stains I felt would match from 3 different companies. None of the samples I’ve got match existing cabinets. They are also not close match but I’m going to pick one and move on.

Now the question is which company to order them from. My options are RTA Cabinet Hub, Kitchen Kabinets, Schuler from Lowes or American Woodmark from Home Depot.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville