SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelmica

New Thermador combi oven vs Miele vs Gaggenau

shelmica
5 years ago

I am remodeling my 25 yr old kitchen and was almost ready to buy the Miele combi XXL oven when I saw the new Thermador at the showroom. I also discovered that the small Gaggenau ends up being the same price as Miele (I'm in Canada, 2 hours north of Toronto). Please comment if you have one of these or if you have done similar decision making related to these. Thanks.

Here's what I can find on each:

Thermador new 30 inch combi

-self clean function but unclear if it is heat based or steam, there is a 2 hour cycle.

-30 inches wide outside, but seems only slightly larger than Miele XXL inside,

-fixed steam amounts, low, medium, and high, but no info on what this actually means

-nice telescoping racks

1 repair person 1 hr away

the steam apears to be from evaporation in a bottom pan, which is not supposed to be as good as the Miele? One salesperson told me the Bosch system was not as good and had a lot of cooking smell issues. This looks the same as the Bosch to me.

Miele XL or XXL:( I would do the 24 in width because my space is limited )-

-Has injection steam system

-cleaning appears to be a frequent complaint, especially regarding the top element

-no self clean function

-just learned from their head office that they only have one repair person here in the summer, otherwise driving charge added in Winter, not covered under warranty.

Gaggenau 24"

plumbed only version in 24" (extra hassle for me)

self clean function that apparently really works

-smallest cavity inside

-not sure what the steam system is

-not sure if it is really large enough for baking - I do mainly smaller amounts though.

-same repair person as Thermador, 1 hr away and only 1 person.

Advice needed! So much knowledge in these forums!

Comments (6)