SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
burgers_gw

Miele vs. Gaggeneau vs. Thermador vs. Viking steam ovens

burgers
13 years ago

Hi everyone. I need help. Does anyone have anything to say about the combi ovens from Miele, Gaggenau, Thermador or Viking? I read through countless posts on these brands, but I want feedback specific to the combi (or steam) wall ovens. Reading about other products from these brands (or the brands themselves) has just confused me. Now, I need to get specific.

I want a combi oven for my new kitchen, and I almost got seduced into a professional Rational combi-oven, but I'm realizing that is overkill and ridiculously power-hungry for a home. So, now, I am looking at Miele, Gaggenau, Thermador and Viking. A different thread about Bluestar sort of convinced me that Viking is a bad idea due to a large amount of negative comments on them (it was pretty overwhelming when I read through them).

If it weren't for the darn combi and/or steam oven desire, I would totally just go for a Wolf. They seem so well-made and I really can't find more than a rare, stray negative comment about them. And, I'll probably get a Wolf oven (though I have no idea how I'm going to integrate a combi oven from one of these other brands with the Wolf, but I'll deal with that problem once I have a better sense of how well these different ovens hold up under use).

Help!

Comment (1)